Setting Intentions is becoming clear about the life experience you want to create. Since ancient times people have been using the magic powerful moment during new moon to plant seeds, dreams and plans. (If you want to know why the new moon is ideal to set intentions read our post: Why new moon?)
We will explain how to set intentions right either with the help of LunaLife App (App Store or Play Store), or without the app (in this case you need to search in advance on internet when the new moon is happening every month, in which sign and what are the topics to wish for in each sign)
How to get started
- Find a quiet, uninterrupted place and time, you’ll need around 20 – 30 min.
- Breathe deeply or meditate for 2 – 5 minutes to clear your mind.
- Mentally thank all the positive things or people in your live.
- Focus and read the description of the aspects of the current new moon (to get reminders and information about the current new moon you can use LunaLife App or search in internet )
How to draw up intentions
- Focus especially on the things you want to change in each topic. For Example:
- Topic: Work
- Wish: a better job
- Intention: I prepare myself and apply for a better job.
- A good intention is:
- Active (“I do” is the active version of “something happens to me”) to take responsibility.
- Present (“I do / feel / start / transform” and not in the future “I will do / feel / initiate / transform) so you will not stay in the desire and you will go into action.
- Positive (“I eat more fruits and vegetables” would be a positive version of “I stop eating junk food”), so that you concentrate on what you want and not on what you want to avoid.
- If you already got the LunaLife App: Follow the process: the concepts, questions and examples will help you to get it easier. Type in the text boxes. You can type more than one wish for each topic or let the box empty if the topic isn’t interesting for you. You also can upload pictures for every intention to visualize even more your wishes.
- If you aren’t using the app: Just try to focus on the topics of the current sign (e.g. ambition and goals for the capricorn new moon or creativity and love with the Leo new moon) and set intentions related.
- Set a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 intentions in total.
- Set intentions just for you, it doesn’t work setting intentions or wishes for other people!
How to write
Writing with pen and paper activates your brain! The best way is to brainstorming first with LunaLife App or on paper to be clear and then:
- Write it down on paper! Write in your best handwriting, put some colors, draws and emotions in it.
- Take a photo of your writing and add it to Luna Life App (your digital secret place 😉 ) or just put the paper in a place you can easily review your intentions.
How to commit
Dreamers need to believe that their dreams will come true.
Pragmatics need to keep working on their intentions.
Well, we think that it is the combination that matters most!
If you are using Luna Life just tick the checkbox that resonates with you, pick at least one 😉
- Ideally you check weekly on how your work is going.
- Check at least two weeks later at full moon!
- Six months later, at the full moon of the same sign your intentions have hopefully come true! If so: congratulations! But if not: think about the reasons, read the instructions again and keep going, don’t give up!
Reminders: If you are using our app just activate the reminders in the settings to get notifications and we will remind you. Let’s start with the next new moon!